2 pounds of oxtail
5 tablespoons of canola oil
1 small head of garlic, peeled and mashed
2 medium onions chopped
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons of salt
3 Chinese eggplants
1. Wash the oxtails and place them in a large saucepan with water over high heat.
2. Simmer the oxtails until the oxtails are tender.
3. Refrigerate it overnight to separate the fat.
4. Reserve the broth from the saucepan.
5. Warm up the canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
6. Add the garlic and onions and saute them for 5 minutes.
7. Add the tomatoes and peanut butter and cook them for two minutes.
8. Add the reserved broth and cook it for 15 minutes.
9. Add the oxtail and cook the oxtails for 20 minutes.
10. Add the longbeans and eggplants and cook them for 10 minutes until tender.
11. Cover the saucepan and wait until the stew is the right consistency.
12. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and shrimp paste on the side.
For more about Filipino cuisine...